This is greybean.com version 5.0 (codename: keaton).
The live redesign is currently 8% complete.
No one’s ever going to tag me with this thing, but I’m doing it anyway. How narcissistic of me.
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Automation Manager for the Retail Lending division of a bank (the youngest manager in their nearly 170-year history, I might add)
- Video Store Manager
- In-house Graphic and Web Designer for a chain of video stores and tanning salons
- Freelance Graphic and Web Designer
Four movies I can watch over and over:
- 80’s classics: The Back to the Future trilogy (1985, 1989, 1990), Ghostbusters (1984), WarGames (1984), Real Genius (1985)
- Steven Soderbergh: Out of Sight (1998), Ocean’s Eleven (2001), Solaris (2002), Ocean’s Twelve (2004)
- Jimmy Stewart: Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (1939), The Philadelphia Story (1940), Rear Window (1954), Anatomy of a Murder (1959)
- Paul Newman: The Hustler (1961), Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969), The Sting (1973), The Color of Money (1986)
(see how I cheated there?)
Four places I’ve lived:
Continue reading ‘Four Things’
If you’re here reading this, then you’ve probably been here before. And if you’re here now after having been here before, it must be pretty obvious that something’s going on. Some information has moved. Some is gone. Some doesn’t make any sense. The colors are different. It just plain isn’t as pretty. Where did that weird blue and green picture go?
The fact of the matter is that I’ve begun the arduous process of yet another revamping of the site. After having explored the possibility of switching to a new CMS (namely, Movable Type), I’ve decided that sticking with Wordpress and doing a ton of my own customization is my best bet. It’s open-source, natively dynamic (rather than static), and entirely free (Movable Type has a free version, but I need more power than it comes with—namely, multiple authors).
So, I’ve reverted to the base version (having stripped all of my customization out of the code) of the Wordpress theme, K2 (which is now at beta two), and I’ll be building my own functionality and look and feel on top of it. And I’ll be doing it live on the site, for all to see, so you may run into some funky looking stuff, or even some broken funtionality, on your visits to the ‘BEAN as I learn how to operate all this fancy PHP and CSS shiznit. In fact, there may be some days where I’ll have stripped all of the CSS completely out of the site leaving some sort of a text-only pile of information. For those of you who remember the internet ca. 1994, this should be fun.
But, please bear with us. This shouldn’t take forever, and it promises to be quite a learning experience for me.
So, as of this moment, consider the redesign initiated. I give you greyBEAN.com version 5.0 (codename: keaton), now running at 1% of capacity.